TAM Cargo introduces Priority1
, a new product specially tailored for your most urgent shipments.
, TAM Cargo guarantees that your shipment will be 100% confirmed on the first available flight at the time of booking.
and the unique network that only TAM Cargo can offer, your shipment will always be first.
- Priority1 guarantees that your shipment will be boarded on the first available flight to the intended destination from the ETD committed at the time of booking.
- In the unlikely event that your shipment it is not moved according to our commitment, a 50% discount will apply and your shipment will be flown on the next flight.
- Highest boarding priority.
- Shipment 100% confirmed on the first available flight.
- Money back guaranteed (50% discount will apply and your shipment will be flown in the next available flight).
* Please contact your local TAM Cargo office for details concerning hub eligibility.
- Available only on freighter flights.
- Available only for direct routes.
- Available for general cargo, dangerous goods, and courier, subject to applicable regulation.
- For shipments departing from offline stations, the service guarantee applies from the moment the cargo arrives to one of TAM Cargo's eligible hub(s)*.
- Due to the flexibility and broad coverage of our network, your booked flight might change its flight number or its estimated time of departure.
Priority1 is offered by TAM Cargo.
In the event a shipment is lost, damaged or destroyed, there are specific amounts that may be considered liable for in regards to the value of your shipment. The back of your air waybill has specific and detailed information on the liability and valuation of your shipment while in TAM Cargo’s or its affiliates’ possession.
In the event that your shipment experiences conditions resulting in a loss or damage to your cargo, please follow the claim procedure provided on TAM Cargo’s website.
In the event of any inconsistencies or conflict between the terms expressed herein and the Conditions of Contract expressed in the Air Waybill, the terms of the Conditions of Contract as expressed in the Air Waybill shall control.
1 TAM Cargo Aerolinhas Brasileiras, S.A. (“TAM Cargo), Aerotransportes Mas de Carga, S.A. de C.V. (“ MAS AIR”), Linea Aerea Carguera de Colombia, S.A. (“LANCO”).
RESERVATIONS AND AIR WAYBILL (AWB)
When making the reservation, the client must specifically request Priority1 service and declare the type of product being transported. In addition, Prioirty1 must be written on the product box of the Air Waybill (see details
- pdf, 854kb). Otherwise, the shipment will be treated as a Standard Product.
TAM Cargo and its affiliates are not responsible for errors in service assignments on the Air Waybill. The shipper is responsible for making sure the correct service information is recorded on all the necessary documentation.
A service failure occurs when your cargo is not flown on the first available flight from the time provided at booking and cargo was tendered in a timely manner and was acceptably presented for boarding 2.
REIMBURSEMENTS FOR SERVICE FAILURES
If TAM Cargo or its affiliates fail to provide the guaranteed Priority1 service, the client shall be entitled to a 50% reimbursement of the shipment cost, and the freight gets transported on the next available flight.
To obtain a reimbursement, the following conditions must be met:
- Timely delivery of freight at TAM Cargo or its affiliates. The time limits for acceptance of Priority 1 cargo will be adjusted to each station’s "Cutoff" times. Please contact your local TAM Cargo office for details.
- The client must have had properly prepared the cargo for shipment (i.e. packaging, marking, labeling, etc.) and presented all the necessary documentation.
- The client must have reserved the space following all of TAM Cargo's or its affiliates’ requirements and in accordance with all local and international regulations.
- Reimbursements will only be made to the party that made the payment, irrespective of whether made at origin or destination. No additions to the original cargo shipment are allowed.
- If the client tenders more cargo than was previously booked, and TAM Cargo or its affiliates are unable to accommodate the excess cargo on the same flight, TAM Cargo and its affiliates reserve the right to apply the 50% reimbursement of the shipment cost at their discretion.
2 Cargo is not acceptable for boarding if it is not accompanied by all proper documentation and where the shipper or consignee fail to comply with one or more of the rules and terms established including but not limited to improper and/or unsafe packaging, incomplete information on the AWB, etc.
TAM Cargo and its affiliates reserve the right to apply reimbursement of shipment costs, if the service failure occurs as a result of one or more of the following:
OTHER RULES AND RESTRICTIONS
- Force majeure. If TAM Cargo or its affiliates are rendered unable, wholly or in part, by force majeure to carry out the transport guaranteed, it may cancel or delay any and all flights affected by such force majeure without responsibility. Additionally, the obligations of TAM Cargo and its affiliates shall be suspended during the continuance of the force majeure. Force majeure shall mean any event which is not reasonably within the control of TAM Cargo or its affiliaites including but not limited to acts of God, strikes or labor shortages, protests, weather conditions, lockout or other industrial disturbances, acts of public enemy, including, but not limited to any act(s) of terrorism, war, blockade, public riots, fires, explosions, quarantines, governmental restraints.
- Delays due to mechanical failures, termination, diversion, postponement, or delay of any flight due to force majeure or any other reason beyond TAM Cargo’s or its affiliates’ control.
- Problems with fuel suppliers.
- The cargo or its accompanying documentation is not acceptable for boarding, or if the cargo's size and weight are above the maximum limit established for the aircraft.
- Shipper or consignee's failure to comply with one or more of the rules, terms, or rates established, including but not limited to improper and/or unsafe packaging, incomplete information on AWB, etc.
- Cancellation by the shipper.
- In the event there are two frequencies departing to the desired destination with less than 8 hours apart, either flight may be considered as the first available flight.
- Any other event not controlled by TAM Cargo or its affiliates.
- In cases where the cargo is larger than the one in the original reservation and the excess quantity cannot be shipped on the same flight, TAM Cargo and its affiliates reserve the right to apply the service guarantee.
- TAM Cargo reserves the right to accommodate Priority1 cargo on an earlier flight than the one shown at booking.
- TAM Cargo will not accept an AWB with PRIORITY1 indications if there was no previous reservation.
- TAM Cargo and its affiliaites will not accept as Priority1 cargo:
- Oversized pieces or shipments with weight and measurements that surpass the limits established for each aircraft.
- Valuables Goods.
- Non-cremated human remains.
- Live Animals.
- FAA/ TSA, ICAO, IATA, and all other related regulations apply
- All handling conditions contained in the AWB apply.
- TAM Cargo and its affiliates reserve the right to change, alter, or amend this document, and the terms herein, at its sole discretion and without prior notice.
- TAM Cargo and its affiliates reserve the right to end or revoke this offer at any time, at its sole discretion and without prior notice.
- The contracting party declares knowledge and acceptance of each and every condition described herein.